Thursday, August 4th, 2011
Houston is an incredible city. As the fourth most populated city in the nation, we are amazed at just how cozy Houston can feel sometimes. We often refer to Houston as the smallest big city in the world. This might be because the people and culture here are so friendly and welcoming.
In addition to Houston’s amazing culture, this is also an incredible city to start and run a business. Hot Shot Delivery was started by Darrell C. Donaldson, Jr. and his entrepreneurial drive over 33 years ago. Today, Hot Shot Delivery has expanded our reach beyond Houston to serve businesses of all sizes and all industries.
We’ve been “Delivering Houston Since 1978” and are proud to be from “Space City.”
Houston’s rich Texas history and diverse culture offers visitors many things to see and do. Houston is the home to NASA’s Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, the Texas Medical Center, prominent musicians, artists, and much more. Below are some suggestions of places to visit and eat at for those who come to visit.
• Italian Food: D’Amico’s Italian Market Café, www.Damico-cafe.com
• Tex Mex: Molina’s Cantina, http://www.molinasrestaurants.com/
• Vietnamese: Van Loc, www.vanlocrestaurant.com
• Seafood: REEF, http://www.reefhouston.com/
• BBQ: Goode Company, http://www.goodecompany.com/
• San Jacinto Museum of History: www.sanjacinto-museum.org
• Art Car Museum: www.artcarmuseum.com
• Holocaust Museum Houston: www.hmh.org
• The Menil Collection: www.menil.org
• Port of Houston Free Public Boat Tour: www.portofhouston.com/samhou/samhou.html
• Free, Self-Guided Audio Walking Tours: www.downtownhouston.org/guidedetail/audio-walking-tours/
• Minute Maid Park Ballpark Tours: www.houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/ballpark/tours/index.jsp
• The Heritage Society at Sam Houston Park, Historic House Tours: www.heritagesociety.org/hours.html
No matter what you see or do during a Houston visit you’re bound to meet some friendly folks and have a great time. Space City’s fast pace, welcoming feel and array of activities might even convince you to turn a short stay into a permanent vacation.